Friday, October 31, 2008

when it comes to pipes...

...boys usually know what they are talking about.

i was telling a friend of mine about my latest apartment woes (i could write a book at this point)... in summary, my bathtub was running water at a pretty steady pace even though the knob was off. it started last friday. i'm on day 5 of a 12 day work streak, and my super doesn't work on the weekends, so there hasn't been any time for me really to do anything about it. tuesday morning i tried, but my super was busy elsewhere. today was the next chance i got. what i'm trying to say is, i've been listening to running water for a week straight now. it was driving me insane.

i was telling a friend of mine about this the other day and he asked me why i didn't just shut off the supply line. i told him that i would do that, but i only knew where the knob for the toilet was. he told me that it's the same one. he sounded very confident. so i went to the bathroom and checked out the toilet supply line. it looked like it just went straight to the toilet, so i searched for another one...the one by the sink maybe. i located that in the cabinet, but when i turned the knob, nothing happened. i sighed and gave up.

so what happens today when my super walks into my bathroom? he reaches down by the toilet and turns the knob...the running water immediately stops. i could've saved myself some sanity if i had tried turning the damn thing instead of just looking at it lead into the toilet. ok, i learned my lesson. can things stop breaking in my apartment now?

also, now that the water is gone....i kind of miss it.

No comments: