Saturday, December 22, 2007

Worst. Gay Man. Ever.

Not to be All Jamie Lynn, All the Time, but I was getting my hair did the other day by my Hawaii Local hairdresser, Awa. Awa is, without doubt, a gay man (though there is a little doubt in my mother's mind because he's expressed interest to her in wanting to go surfing with me and told me that he and i should go "listen to music" together. Between that and Jose, the lab technician who drew my blood whilst asking me to accompany him to a christmas party the following evening, my mom has been on "get my daughter married" overdrive). Anyway, I'm not a big talker when it comes to getting my hair cut, which is why I go to a Japanese salon in New York where they hardly speak English, but when I am with hair people, I worry that they'll think I'm a bore, so I'll throw a few crumbs of convo out before i stop talking...

Awa had just made a pregnancy joke about someone in the chair next to us (or something), so I saw that as the perfect opportunity to bring up america's favorite Afterschool Special, Jamie Lynn Spears. I said, "Did you hear about Britney Spears' little sister?" and he got a confused look on his face and said "no." So I said "that 16 year old got herself knocked up!" Awa responded "Wait. Which one's Britney Spears? The crazy one with two kids?"

WHAAT?!?!? what gay man is unsure of brit brit's identity??!?!?!? my mind was blown. maybe he isn't gay after all...

No comments: