Thursday, December 13, 2007

woe is me

here is a tale explaining how i've ended up here, typing at my computer at you guys, drugged up, naked, and painted pink...

i've been doing some work here and there for this new discovery planet green show called wasted. i'm gonna sum it up quick here (though it took me about three weeks to figure the whole thing out)-- basically we collect a family's trash for a month, this poor girl liz separates it into compost, recyclables, etc, we show the family how much of what they throw away is harmful to the environment and teach them little tips on how to make their waste less harmful to the environment. needless to say, we PA's deal with a lot of garbage on this shoot. like literal garbage.

so yesterday, at some point in the day, my neck starts getting all itchy...i just figure it's a bug bite. as i'm going home, my wrist starts itching in a major way...when i looked at it, it seemed rash-like, so as soon as i got home, i stripped and prepared for the worst. i'm not gonna get into details here, but basically i had an allergic reaction to something all over my body. i flipped out, called my mom, and started covering myself in calamine lotion (thank god for those spider bites in the hamptons two years ago)...i then popped an allegra and an ibuprofen, threw on a huge shirt (it seemed to be worse on the parts of my body that had tight clothing on) and tried to stay still in bed. my mom informed me that some pharmacist she just happened to talk to said it was probably hives. !!! grosss. i believe the last time i had all over hives was when i was a baby...a reaction to penicillin. my best guess was that the moldy food i was dealing with earlier in the day was the culprit.

so like, now i'm at a complete loss. there's nothing i can do but mosey around my house. i went over to a friend's last night because they had gotten better, but when i got home, i had to do the stripping and pinking because apparently i'll never be able to wear clothes again. does anyone know how long i can expect this to last? there are things i need to do in the outside world, and i'm kind of tired of seeing myself naked. and pink. i don't mind the benadryl though...

1 comment:

Becca said...

i think you've got rage!